Residential Treatment Facility
Located on Northern Rivers’ Academy Road campus in Albany, the Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) is an intensive residential treatment option licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) to serve youth ages 12–18 who have exhibited mental health symptoms with a pattern of psychiatric interventions and hospitalizations.These adolescents historically have been unable to maintain long-term stabilization after the onset of their mental health symptoms. A multidisciplinary team provides intensive, trauma-informed services to each youth and their caregivers to create a safe, therapeutic environment, provide opportunities to safely self-regulate, and work toward successful reintegration.
- Housing located in a residential neighborhood campus setting with on-site medical care and supervision and support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Psychiatric, psychological, and family assessments are used to develop an individualized plan for each youth and family
- Intensive clinical and behavioral health supports
- Educational and vocational programming tailored to meet the needs of each youth
- Aftercare planning and support
- Crisis stabilization to prevent the need for hospitalization
- Improved functioning at home, at school, and in the community
- Comprehensive, individualized services including reintegration and aftercare tailored to help caregivers provide more effective support
- Improved ability to regulate emotions
Youth from Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren, and Washington Counties may be referred by the county’s single point of access (SPOA) teams.
For more information on these services or to arrange for a tour of any residence, please contact: