Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The employees of Northern Rivers Family of Services and its affiliates are our most important asset, and we strive to build a team that reflects the diverse clients we serve. Our recruitment strategies are designed to attract, develop, and advance the most talented individuals regardless of race, gender, age, ethnicity, cultural heritage, or nationality; religious or political beliefs; sexual orientation or gender identity; or socioeconomic, veteran, or ability status; or any other dimension of diversity.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do, helping to create a culture where acceptance and appreciation of everyone is the norm. We work to create an inclusive work environment, characterized by dignity and respect, where employees are comfortable bringing their full and authentic selves to work and careers can flourish.
As societal change occurs, Northern Rivers responds with a willingness to change as an agency as we continue our pursuit of equity not only for our clients, but for our employees. Check out some of the highlights from our journey so far:
- Review images used in job advertisements to ensure an inclusive population was represented.
- Add the ability to document pronouns in HRIS system.
- Implement implicit bias training as a part of required new hire orientation for all new employees.
- Establish and conduct EEO reviews of performance evaluations to ensure equitable treatment of employees based on race or ethnicity.
- Partner with the organization's Social Justice Council to establish guidelines for investigations of reported Fair Treatment Practices violations.
- Conduct an analysis of position requirements against governing body requirements to reduce barriers to employment and attract a more diverse array of candidates.
- Allocate funds to hire a DEI consultant to guide organizationwide change.
Northern Rivers continues to celebrate and amplify diversity by celebrating diverse groups such as Black History Month in February, Women’s History Month in June, Pride Month in June, and Transgender Awareness Week in November through organizationwide events and awareness campaigns.
Our diversity, equity and inclusion journey continues as we learn and respond to change. Northern Rivers is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees which builds upon our core values and fosters a positive work environment where everyone can achieve their full potential.
We envision a workplace where diversity is celebrated and everyone is treated fairly regardless of their beliefs. To us, diversity is not something that Human Resources fixes, but rather something that everyone is responsible for and involved throughout our organization.
We are open to change as we learn and respond to inclusion practices with new policies and a humbleness in educating our employees to be the change we want to see in the world overall.
Forms and Documents